Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Moment of Doubt on the Journey - Week 8



“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” 
                                                                                                         ― Maya Angelou


I had a moment of doubt this week. Is all this blogging about my Journey really necessary? Does anybody care? Who am I really doing this for? Me or the approval of others? Then I stepped back from it all and looked at Becoming a Finisher objectively. I am doing this for me, to document my progress and prove to myself that I can finish this "self" project. I'm excited to look back at these posts in June and in December and see how far I have come. Plus these posts keep me accountable, it would be too easy to stop documenting my progress and then before you know it, I have given up. I hope to be an inspiration to a person or two along the way, but mostly I want to be an inspiration to myself.

SELF-PORTRAITS
This week's theme was props at 52 of You.




WEIGHT
We are in Marquette visiting our daughter this weekend and I didn't bring my scale along :)

EXERCISE
Winter hiking can be a challenge in deep snow, even when you are following snow shoe tracks.




FOOD
I tried to eat fairly healthy while we were in Marquette, but I did have a couple of treats along the way. That's why it is vacation and not a way of life.


9 comments:

  1. I love all your shots. Yup, you've got to do it for you. All other reasons aren't good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see that mug at our Target Starbucks, I hold it in my hands and wish I owned it. I don't really know why! I, for one, am interested in your thoughts here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the doubt part...I have those days and times too. Then there are days that I am so happy that I am doing all I do and writing my blog. I'm happy that you are sharing with us and I'm enjoying your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you gotta do it for you.... but I completely get the wondering part. And I for one care. So great you were with your daughter for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to the doubt part. We do what we can and hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah, it's my first time visiting your blog ~ your self-portraits and words / thoughts caught my attention ... The authenticity that is echoed | recognizing many facets in your texts! Nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah,
    Your very genuine desire to share your life with us is an inspiration. Your photos are unique self expressions that speak to me because they come from your heart. It doesn't get better than that!
    all the best,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Necessary? Hmmm ... maybe not, BUT you are such an inspiration and with each post you help us/me feel better ... know that there really are possibilities ... large possibilities. I'm guessing it is for you ... to document your journey. That is a lot of why I have (finally) caught the blogging bug. Then again, it really is nice to have a handful of faithful followers ... folks that you know support you in the journey ... the bigger journey ... LIFE! There is something about blogging (journalling) that keeps us accountable to living, growing, breathing. I look for you ... I would miss you if you stopped. But, taking care of you is the ultimate goal and that is what I see you doing, my friend. I love the little bowl cupped in your hands. Sweet. ;->

    ReplyDelete