Sunday, February 10, 2013

Word Vibrations for the Journey - Week 6

"Do anything, but let it produce JOY."    ~ Walt Whitman


My personal trainer said something very interesting during our initial assessment session this week when we were talking about the guilt I feel that causes me stress.

She said words have vibrations. Immediately my Christian Reformed background dismissed this statement as weird spiritual hocus pocus. She continued on, she said words have measurable energy. Say on a scale of 1 to 100, for me hate is a 1 and God is 100. One being the lowest energy level and 100 being the highest. 

I found this very interesting article on the subject which explains it much better than I ever will.

For me the word guilt is about a five, very low vibrations. She gave me a word to focus on with high vibrations "JOY", which on my scale is about a 95. I think it is no coincidence that Joy is clearly visible on my Journey necklace.

What would your high vibration word be?

SELF-PORTRAIT
Our theme this week was Darkness. 
I know why I don't do much night photography, I am so not a night person.


WEIGHT 
This week I lost: 0 lbs. (That's ok, it was bound to happen sooner or later)
Total weight loss: 5 lbs.

EXERCISE
No picture this week. A picture of me scooting across the floor on my bum to work on strengthening  my Psoas muscle is not going to happen.

FOOD
We love soup at our house. I always have intentions of putting some in the freezer, but it seems to disappear quicker than I can make it sometimes.


Tuscan Tortellini Soup

1 lb. hot Italian sausage, casings removed
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1-1/2 tsp. dried oregano
2 (14 oz. ) cans beef broth
2 (14.5 oz.) cans  diced tomatoes
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1/2 (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 (3.8 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
1 (9 oz.) pkg. refrigerated cheese tortellini

1. In a 6-quart Dutch oven cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat until browned. Drain fat. Add garlic, basil and oregano to pot; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in broth, tomatoes, spinach and olives; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered 20 minutes.

2. Add pasta to pot; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, covered 7 minutes or until pasta is tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.

Serves 6

Per serving: 405 calories, 23g fat, 8g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 1365mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 18g protein.

My Variations: I use regular Italian sausage instead of hot. I use low sodium beef broth. I use the whole package of spinach. I don't use the olives (Glen does not like them!!). I use whole wheat cheese tortellini. 






3 comments:

  1. Soup looks gorgeous, great idea for darkness !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely believe that our words and thoughts have energy...negative thoughts drain the life out of me and positive thoughts energize me. It's fascinating to think about, isn't it? Your selfie is wonderful and that recipe sounds so good! I'm fixing soup tonight for dinner - it's a staple for us in the winter months. Thanks for sharing, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. Lol at your selfie portrait made me smile. The soup looks delicious Iam going to have to try it. I'll let you know how it comes out. : )


    Saun
    Livebythesunlovebythemoon
    Tickleberrymoon

    ReplyDelete