Sunday, March 10, 2013

Heart to Heart on the Journey - Week 10

You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won't mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart. You feel like you have known that person for forever...connections are made with the heart, not the tongue"
                                                                                                                                  ~C. JoyBell C.


There is always at least one heart to heart conversation with Mallory when she is home on a break. It is one of those conversations that you just wish would go on all afternoon, and many times it does. There is no rush to be somewhere, no looking at my phone to see what time it is, or looking to see what emails have come in.

This past Monday over a Cinnamon Dolce Latte, Vanilla Spice Latte, and a couple of chocolate chip cookies, we talked. We talked about all the important things in a college girl's life; boys, school and the future. We talked about all her fears about; boys, school and the future.

These conversations warm my heart as I see her grow, mature and become the young woman God intends her to be. Seeing her grow up into a beautiful young woman, shows me that making the decision and sacrifice to be a mostly stay at home mom was so worth it.

SELF-PORTRAITS
This week's 52 of You theme was reflections. I snapped a couple yesterday when Mallory and I were at my parent's house.



WEIGHT
This week I lost: 0 lbs.
Total weight loss: 6.5 lbs.

Considering all the eating out that I did this past week, I am quite happy that I stayed the same and didn't gain.

EXERCISE
A new machine to conquer this week at personal training. This is kind of a combination Elliptical/Stair Stepper machine. Targeting my gluts was the goal, and it definitely gets the burn on.


FOOD
A wonderful healthy dessert: Raspberries with plain Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of granola.






9 comments:

  1. Hi! The two portrait photos are very beautiful. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time with your daughter! I am thrilled you have that kind of relationship! I did not do my 52 in 2013 this week. And as Stuart Smalley says, "And that's...OKAY"...I really cannot do it all...but grateful what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you, Sarah ... that you have a sweet, close relationship with your daughter. I hope you know just how lucky you are. Of course, it's really not luck at all ... it's who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had time to sit and chat times like that are precious ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those heart to hearts are truly wonderful...I treasure them, too. I'm so glad you got to spend some time with your daughter! My daughter is also home for spring break this week, although her boyfriend is visiting from out-of-state so I'm not getting a lot of one-on-one time...lol. :)

    Beautiful photos, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos Sarah. Glad you enjoyed time with your daughter - these times are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a nice looking machine you have there! A relationship with our kids when they've become an adult is important!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time with our kids is just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I´ve been reading your previous posts, I love the way you´re sharing your journey with us, your self-portraits are wonderful and your so your food photos are. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete