Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cabin Fever - P52 Week Eight

My husband and I spent the afternoon driving the back roads of the U.P. looking for a cabin for my P52 picture for this week. The theme is Cabin Fever. We are in the U.P. visiting our daughter at college. She had classes most of the day today and other activities tonight, so we had the majority of the day to ourselves. It was very nice spending time together just the two of us.

I felt a little bit like a stalker standing at the bottom of the driveway of a cabin of somebody I do not know, but thankfully nobody was home, and no neighbors too close by to report back to these people that somebody was taking a picture of their cabin.



The snow distorts the landscape
Beneath its weight, trees sag, bushes bow
A blanket and a burden
Individually unimportant
A collective load
Impassable and impersonal
As featureless as a blank check
A smooth, white road too deep to drive
Too slick to walk
Too cold to enjoy
Beneath its pillowed surface only ice
And the fragile grass

 © Jessica Minier Mabe






3 comments:

  1. Love your cabin shot - I thought about doing the same thing, but never made it out of my house:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture. Love that your husband drove around with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photo! It looks like a refuge from the cold...

    ReplyDelete