Monday, February 6, 2012

I am NOT Finishing This...

I know that I have committed to being a "finisher" this year, but this is where I draw the line in the sand. This year is also about change, and doing things differently.


In the past, even though I disliked this hair product (it gives me hair like Bozo when I blow dry) I would keep using it, because it wasn't finished yet. I would use it on days when I wasn't going out of the house, and that was my justification for it "Nobody is going to see me anyway." Sadly, this is not the first hair product that I have felt the need to finish even though it is doing nothing for my hair. I even know the reason why I feel this overwhelming need to finish things I hate. In my head I hear my grandmother's voice saying "You need to finish that, there are children starving in China." She always said that in relation to finishing the food on my plate even though I hated whatever it was. So, you see, that need to finish things that I hate was planted a long time ago.

So today I am taking a stand and throwing out the things I hate even if they aren't finished. The starving children in China aren't going to want them either.

Here are a couple of my current hair products that I love and that I will finish:


I became addicted to this shampoo when Glen and I were staying in Chicago this past fall. The hotel we were staying at had these as the samples to use, I absolutely fell in love with the smell of it. 


I am not a spokesperson for Aveda, so no worries there, but about the time I fell in love with the Rosemary Mint shampoo my salon started carrying Aveda. My stylist used this product in my hair and I fell in love with the smell again, smells like pine needles, and it gives my hair some grab to it to make it style easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment