Friday, February 3, 2012

Shadows - P52 Week Five

When I got up at 6:00 this morning and checked the weather and saw that it was going to be another cloudy day, I was ready to throw in the towel for this week. Everyday this week there was the promise of mostly sunny or partly sunny, but what did I get instead, gray and cloudy. There were a couple of times when the sun came out briefly, once when I was walking the dogs and once when I was getting my haircut, neither time did I have my camera.

Like so many others, I wanted a straight from that golden globe we call the sun; shadow. I had a few good ideas, and everybody that I told this week's assignment to had ideas, and all of these ideas involved the sun.



As I was getting ready for my morning walk, I saw this shadow on the wall and I thought "Well this is as good as it's going to get." When I got back from my walk I dragged my tripod out of the car, where it had been waiting for a trip to the beach to capture the shadows, created by the sun, of the snow fences. I set up my tripod and got to work.



As I thought about it, this picture ties in nicely with my blog theme, since this flower arrangement is suppose to be part of my new dresser vignette inspired by this picture:



Obviously this needs to be finished yet!


5 comments:

  1. It has been hard this week trying to find shadows on cloudy days. At one point I was tempted to use a lamp for light. Great shadow shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother used to say, "Make hay while the sun is shining." I'm not sure why I thought of that, but it certainly is hard to take a picture of a shadow on a cloudy day. Your pictures are beautiful. I like the shadow of the glass on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For not having much sun, you got a good pic. Very Nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. You caught some shadows, that's for sure, and they're just wonderful. I like the last one best! But then I also like the second to the last too. Really well done! :)

    ReplyDelete