Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summer Favorites - P52 Week 32

I will admit it, I am some what of a wine snob. I LOVE Michigan wines, particularly wines from the Traverse City/Leelanau Peninsula region. The reason for this is because I LOVE Riesling Wines and this region is climate ideal for growing great Riesling grapes.

So for my Summer Favorites post for Project 52 this week, I thought would share some photos of some of my favorite summer wines. They are not all Rieslings, my husband and I try to compromise since we have different tastes, and we do like to try new wines.


Homework - We discovered Homework three summers ago, and we both fell in love with it. A wonderful Rose'.


Chateau Fontaine - my new favorite winery. The service there is always outstanding. This year when we were there it was super busy, the owner himself came over, made sure we got glasses, and made sure we got our own personal wine tasting. There is not a wine that I don't like there, and yes we usually buy a case.


Cherrio Cherry, the one in the middle IS empty. You can't go to the heart of cherry country and not buy a cherry wine, this one sounded so good that we drank it before I got the pictures taken.


Rustic White - the perfect Summer Front Porch Sipping Wine. 


I can't wait to go back again next summer...







5 comments:

  1. I like the pictures of the wine. If one is interested it is so much more practical to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I love your post. My husband and I LOVE the Traverse City wines too. We spent our 5th anniversary up there (11 years ago)and had the greatest time. We feel in love with the wineries. Thank you for the memories.
    Laurie @ Pride in Photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sarah...i just love visiting wineries, but unfortunately i am allergic to wine! i think i must be the only person on the planet who can not drink wine...hard liquor yes. I just love your last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not knowing much about wines, I buy them based on how much I like their labels. For sure I would buy Home Work just because I like the name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!My husband's a wine snob too so I just go by his recommendations! And like Robyn - a well designed label works for me !

    ReplyDelete