Sunday, August 5, 2012

What I Read in July

Admissions by Jennifer Sowle - Loved - Set in Traverse City, MI at the sight of the State Hospital. I love Traverse City and am fascinated  by the former State Hospital. This is a fictional story about the lives of some residents living at the hospital in the 1960's. Lovely short chapters made it a quick read.








Three Junes by Julia Glass - Liked - To be fair to this book I was in an on-line blogging class at the same time that I was reading this so it did not command all my attention. I did enjoy the story, set in Scotland and America, and I did like the characters. That being said, it could have been about 50 pages shorter. The one thing that bugged me is the author would switch between time periods every other paragraph, that made it a little hard to follow at times.







Medieval Murders by Aaron Stander - Loved - I love this series. I own all but one of them, which I need to change. Most of this series is set in Northern Michigan, in the heart of the area that I love. The main character Ray Elkins, you can't help but really like. These are great murder-mystery novels. He always keeps you guessing until the very end about who did it. Lovely short chapters,  easy, quick reading.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah like the look of those books... But my reading has dropped off all these lovely blogs to look at....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Sarah - the Aaron Stander books sound really good. I'll have to investigate! :)

    ReplyDelete