Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Shoes That Began A Love Affair

These are the sandals that started it all; a love affair with Chacos.


I purchased these darlings in May of 2007 in anticipation of a trip to Europe in July of that year.

I really didn't know a lot about Chacos at the time, except they were suppose to be great for a lot of walking and had excellent arch support. That is exactly what I needed with my high arches.

They didn't let me down as we traipsed about London, Paris and the French country side. 

After that trip I was really bitten by the Chaco bug, and every year I purchase one or two new pairs.



My daughter found the joy of Chacos about three years ago, and has her own healthy collection going. She always says any guy that wants to date her will have to wear Chacos. She plans to get married in a  pair when that special day arrives.

Sadly, my first loves are starting to have seen better days, so now they are mainly relegated to around the house wear. But they will always have a special place in my heart.

*Day 18 of Ali Edwards 31 Things class

5 comments:

  1. Those are really cute! Do they really work? I've got super high arches and the only thing that is currently really helping are the orthoheel shoes and they are just about the ugliest things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute post...i have never heard of them, but now i am going to go check them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comfy shoes are the best kind! I haven't heard of Chaco's either but I'm sure going to keep it in mind :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. With this review, I'm adding these to my Zappos wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could have used these while walking around Chicago a couple weeks ago. Must look into them...

    ReplyDelete