Saturday, October 20, 2012

Book Review - You Don't Look Like Anyone I Know

You Don't Look Like Anyone I Know 
by Heather Sellers 

I Loved this book.

I had the privilege of attending a writer's workshop that Heather Sellers taught last fall. She spoke about her book for the first part of the workshop, which I found fascinating, we had lunch and then she taught us the second half of the workshop. Her story of face blindness and her dysfunctional family growing up and another dysfunctional family when she got married reminded me a bit of The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls just with a more suburban setting.

The other cool thing about this book is that part of it is set in Holland, MI where she is a professor at Hope College. I live in Holland, MI so it is always fun to read books where you go "I know where that is".

When I attended Heather's writing workshop her ideas gave some fertilizer to the tiny writing seed that had been planted long ago but needed some nourishment.

2 comments: