Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mug Collection - P52 - Week 39

When I saw that the Project 52 theme for this week was collections, I thought I had it made since I had written a post early in this blog's life on my mug collection. I though I could just refer to that and all would be good and done.


See this post "The History of My Mugs" by clicking here.

Then I realized that thanks to Kim Klassen, I have developed a mug addiction and have added a few (ok, more than a few and it is only the beginning of October) since I wrote that post. So to be fair to the new arrivals I set them up for a photo shoot yesterday.


The two on the left side I got when we were on vacation in June on the Leelanau Peninsula. I love the one with all the coffee cups on it, and I use that one all the time, it is actually a travel mug, I just never put the top on it.

The red Starbucks one I had my eye for a while and once Mallory got the job at the Starbucks on campus I had to get it to be a good supportive mom :) I bought the center one at the same time, I love the simplicity of it and again just supporting my daughter.

The floral one I bought at the grocery store. I loved the design and the colors.

Then just last week when I was at my little furniture store job (they also do consignments), I bought these darlings:


I just couldn't pass them up and I think they would look perfect in a still life shot with a handmade tea bag tag hanging over the edge. 

Stay tuned there might be a couple more before the end of the year :)






7 comments:

  1. A lovely collection! I drink my breakfast tea from a mug I bought in Heidelberg 28 years ago and measure my porridge oats in a mug my parents bought me as a present from Cornwall. Other mugs come and go but I'd be sad without these two!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I usually feel pressure to be all matchy matchy. No more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the new additions are great. I love the shot with the new mugs from the furniture shop - the way the light is hitting the mugs and the way the background is slightly blurred!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im in love with your new ones. Your like me. I have mugs and mugs and I just keep packing them away for a rainy day.. now snow is on the way.
    The light in the last is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that last shot with the light, what a great collection! I have so many too, I love Emma Bridgewater mugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cup collection...the one with the little coffee cups on it is adorable! They're hard NOT to collect, aren't they? We have so many and no more room to store them...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want those cups at the bottom! I just ordered two mugs from Pottery Barn (shame on me) but how could I pass them up?

    ReplyDelete