Friday, October 26, 2012

Sad - P52 - Week 42

The loss of woods makes me sad.



The loss of woods to six new "executive style" homes along a lakeshore full of "executive homes", many of them for sale by people that realize they can't afford a second home that they visit only a few times a year, the loss of woods for this purpose makes me even sadder.


You see this corner of woods that is on our morning walking route seems like a special place to me. Many times this summer I have seen a momma doe with her two babies in these woods. And in the fall when I turn the corner of these woods that are nestled next to the bike path, my breath catches every time when I see the yellow-gold maple leaves against the September blue sky. I always think to myself "This has got to be what heaven is like".


The summer and fall will never be the same in this corner of woods again.


It is no wonder that one of my biggest dreams is to move to where there is less...less new construction, less busy, less civilization. And so much more...more nature, more wildlife, more time to enjoy God's wonders.






4 comments:

  1. such beauty! And I feel your pain. I wish I had woods to walk through. If you see anything that resembles such on my blog, it's because I'm out of town or have cropped a photo tightly to deceive the viewer.
    Have you considered relocating to New Mexico?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how many woods we have lost to "Executive" homes around here too -- some builder buys a dilapidated house on an acre and tears it down (along with all the trees) and builds 4 mansions that are all within 2 feet of each other. Bleech Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how sad to loose those woods....you captured the fall colours beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is more than sad...it makes me think of the mining in WV where they blowing off the tops of the mountains...irreplaceable.

    ReplyDelete