Saturday, January 7, 2012

The History of My Mugs


Yesterday when I was shooting for my P52 project I thought it would be fun to line up all my mugs and shoot them, as well as, give a short history of each one.



My very first mug is by far the oldest of the group. My husband gave me this mug filled with red foil wrapped chocolate hearts when we were first dating. I can't remember exactly, but I either got a brown stuffed bear or roses along with it. It has survived 5 moves over the course of 25+ years without a chip or a crack, pretty impressive!







I got this mug on our first family trip to Walt Disney World, May 1999. Our daughter, Mallory was 5 years old, the perfect age to delight in everything Disney. Eeyore has always been my favorite, there is just something so loveable about him.









This one holds a special place in my heart. The first one bought for me as a gift from Mallory. She gave this to me on Mother's Day 2006 on our fourth trip to Disney. She snuck off by herself in Downtown Disney and bought it with her own money. I was very surprised when she gave it to me. What a wonderful girl!












Rocky Mountain National Park - June 2008. I bought this mug out of necessity. We were staying at a quaint rental cabin just outside of Estes Park, with the luxury of a kitchen and some chilly nights, hot chocolate and cappuccinos tasted real good.









As the mother of a NMU Wildcat, I must support my daughter's school.









The second gift mug from my daughter. She bought this for my birthday this past year. She went to Disney with a family she babysits for as a nanny to their children while they were attending a conference. Tough life. I do love the mug though.





That's all of them so far, but I am sure that I will continue to add to this collection as the years go by. Especially with this new found love of tea.

1 comment:

  1. I like the story you tell about every mug ( mok im my language) great!

    ReplyDelete