Friday, January 13, 2012

Handmade with Love - P52 Week Two


The best gifts are those made by a loved one with their own hands and given from the heart.

I have a house filled with handmade treasures, so it was actually quite hard to choose which one I wanted to do for this week of P52. I could easily do 52 weeks on just the theme of Handmade with Love.


I chose this beautiful hand woven scarf that my daughter made in a high school art class mainly because I love the soft soothing colors. I also wanted the challenge of photographing it. I used my daughter's wire mannequin to drape the scarf around and set her up next to a north facing window, then I just played. I tried difference apertures, different compositions, and ISOs. I would take a few pictures then load them on my computer, find the one I liked the best, then go back and continue tweaking the shot. I am happy how this turned out.

Without Project 52 I wouldn't have taken the time to really get the shot I wanted, so thank you Darcy for starting this project. The accountability of this project is just what I needed.



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and so soft looking-beautiful capture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your first sentence. Handmade is the best. The scarf looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful. Love the colors...

    Hope your day is blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice your daughter made this...I think knitting and crocheting is becoming a lost artform with the young. Gorgeous.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors are lovely, and I'm glad you said what you draped it on because I was trying to guess.

    ReplyDelete