Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Bench

This is my first project of 2012. I will not be allowed to procrastinate on this because it has to been done by next week, when our daughter moves back to college. I work best with a deadline.



I bought this piano bench at a local new and used furniture store with the intention of repainting it. Our daughter, Mallory needs more storage in her dorm room, mainly for her growing loose leaf tea collection and tea mugs. (When she left for college she didn't even like hot drinks, college is an amazing place.)
I knew this bench would work perfectly. I had my dad, a super handy wood craftsman and all around great guy, build a shelf underneath for storage baskets.



I have now sanded and primed it, and tomorrow the rich espresso color will go on the bottom shelf and the seat. The side curved pieces will be painted a yet to be determined color. Keep watching for my progress.








No comments:

Post a Comment