Friday, January 20, 2012

I Dreamed A Dream - P52 Week Three

The theme this week was a struggle for me.



In my family growing up, dreams were not encouraged. It was about hard work and doing things right. Those are great skills to have, but a little dreaming and encouragement could have gone a long way.

Don't get me wrong I do have dreams, but they usually are so small and limiting that I know I can accomplish them. There is no stepping out or dreaming big. The fear of failure and disappointment is too great.

This year for me, is about doing some dreaming, stepping out and taking a few risks. There will be failure, but the only way to learn and get better at anything is to fail. Then I must dust myself off, get back up and keep on trying. I am going to try some bigger dreams this year.









16 comments:

  1. Good job! What a great dream... to start dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. came from m3b - great shot for the prompt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful thoughts. Inspiring. And I'm glad you've decided its time to do a little dreaming!

    Go get the book, by Henriette Anne Klauser - "Write it Down, Make it Happen." This was the first book I ever read (many years ago) that made sense and helped me learn how to dream. You can find it at Amazon online. :)

    Lovely photograph, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photograph. Sounds like this prompt resonated with you. Just dream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's never too late. Very pretty picture< i love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo. I love that you are going to attempt to dream this year. It's hard to dream when life is in your face all the time, but I hope you get the opportunity to dream and dream big.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo. The textures and simplicity of the composition are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shot. I will look forward to hearing at the end of your year how your dream turned out

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this picture :) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. Hope you can swing by and join my Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vey lovely photo. I really like the composition. I'm glad you've decided to do some dreaming. I think we all need to do a little more of that when the everyday seems to takeover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photo! Some dreams take lots of hard work so those values will be important in making them come true.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! A dream to live wild and on the edge ;)

    Beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice photo! thanks for the visit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice photo. Dreams--big ones, anyway--are hard for me because I'm a concrete and tangible person. (Some would say a realist!) I try to remember that even if I dream big and it doesn't happen, it's okay, and God usually has something better for me anyway. :)

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shot. I love the contrast and texture. I hope you open yourself up to some big dreams in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a gorgeous and inspiring photo! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and sharing this lovely photo, it makes a great addition to our collection of January photos.

    ReplyDelete