Monday, January 9, 2012

The Bench - Finished

It feels so good to have my first completed project of 2012 under my belt. I am well on my way to being a finisher! I think the bench turned out awesome. Sure if you look real close you will see an oops or two, but I let go of perfectionism a few years ago. Don't get me wrong, I do like things to look nice and whenever I am working on something I always do my very best, but nothing is ever going to be perfect. We messed that up a long time ago in the Garden of Eden. Plus I live with two other perfectionists, there is not room for three.

Before













During

Finished

Mallory is excited because this bench will be the first thing people see when they come into her dorm room. This is much cuter than the row of shoes that they currently see. We found the fabulous baskets at Lowe's. I was impressed with their extensive selection of storage baskets. These fit our color scheme perfectly. She is going to use the two narrow ones for her tea cups and her loose leaf teas. The larger ones will hold her dishes. Her being an Environmental Studies and Sustainability major, it is all about reuse, reduce and recycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment