Friday, March 9, 2012

Everything Unfinished

I feel the pressing weight of all things unfinished most acutely whenever I are going away on a trip. It does not matter whether I am going away for a week or for only a weekend. The burden of everything unfinished, little or big sends me into a panic.

I am feeling that panic now as we get ready for a week cruise in the Caribbean. I know you are saying, sunshine and warm weather, how can you be in a panic? I am thinking I could have gotten this done or I should have done that, but it didn't happen. The past 10 years of Mallory's life in scrapbooks should be caught up on (big unfinished project), or I should have cleaned the windows of the nose marks from the dogs (small thing that I won't think about once we are home again).

Scout's window decorations

The good thing is that I am all packed, and I am not feeling like I forgot anything. The house is reasonably clean, vacuumed and dusted.


I know that those scrapbooks will still be waiting for me to finish when I get home next week, and the nose marks will still be there as well. In the meantime I am doing to try and soak up sun, read, and relax.


1 comment:

  1. I love the look and feel of "Scout's window decorations" photograph. It leaves the mind open to interpretation; I like that.

    ReplyDelete