Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 1 of Yard & Garden CleanUp

The first day of Spring Yard CleanUp is complete. Hubby and I were outside most of the day being very productive. His job was to get the mower going and cut the grass. I don't think we have ever had to cut the grass in March before. He was very thorough in his job, he picked up all the sticks in the yard, edged with the weed wacker, and of course mowed.


My job was to cut back all our ornamental grasses, which I love the rest of the year when I don't have to do anything to them, but because I have a lot of them they are not my friends when I have to cut them all down. I also cleaned all the leaves out of the flower beds, and cut back anything else that needed it.

Before


After

The flower beds are one more thing that I have a hard time finishing each year. I start out really strong in April and May, but in July when it is 90+ degrees and more humid than a sauna, I just give up. When it comes to fall and cleaning up the beds, I am so over it that it doesn't happen. I am going to try and do better this year. I think if I break it down bed by bed and day by day, I won't get so overwhelmed with it all. Plus I have this blog to keep me accountable. So stay tuned for pictures over the course of the WHOLE Spring, Summer and Fall seasons!

Scout was supervising from the deck!





1 comment: