Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hobbies...Where to Even Begin - P52 week 37

The theme for Kent Weakley's Project 52 this week is Hobbies.

Where do I even begin...I have many that I enjoy. Some hobbies come and stay a lifetime, some I dabble in for a little while and then move on. I would say all the ones listed below are here to stay.


1. Photography - I have always been the one behind the camera. In the last few years I have really started to take this hobby seriously. I enjoy learning all I can through workshops, e-courses, and through my own exploration.


2. Writing - This is a rediscovered joy, and I feel goes hand in hand with my photography.


3. Reading - I have always read. To me getting lost inside the story in a book is the best!


4. Cooking - I am a self-taught cook. I love to try new recipes, and get new cookbooks, or find magazines with new recipes in them.

I could list many more, but I feel these truly define who I am.



5 comments:

  1. I have to say that I share all the hobbies you list. Photography, cooking and reading are pure joy. I used to write for a living so I associate it more with work, and to write well is astonishingly hard. I find that people with hobbies are never bored and always have something interesting to contribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like reading my own hobbies!! Well, except the cooking that's more like a job at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading and getting lost in a book. It's the only way I can fall asleep at night. I really enjoy cooking too, when I have the time and when I can have a glass of wine while I cook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are somewhat of kindred spirits here. Well, other than the writing part :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's so great to have so many things you love doing. I worry about my husband when we retire someday. He better find something to do because I've got tons of fun hobbies. I hope he takes up cooking and cleaning! :)

    ReplyDelete