Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Porch Makeover

Glen and I spent Labor Day Weekend laboring...but well worth the effort. The porch makeover was #5 on my initial blog post for this blog The Start back in January, and I am SO happy that we did it! The porch has been a dumping ground for odds and ends for the 9 years that we have lived in this house. This year I finally had the vision and desire to change that and make it a "new" well loved space.

It started with moving my writing and computer space out to the porch. I love the openness and the view of the bird feeder, the ducks and the pond out in the  backyard. Whenever I was sitting here writing or typing I would look over at the west wall and I could envision a brown, curved arm, leather sofa sitting in that spot. In my vision I also see Scout curled up in one corner, but don't tell Glen :) So I stuck to my vision and found the sofa last week.  I dropped the painting bomb last week Tuesday and said "I think we should paint the porch this weekend".

Our marriage survived the painting and the porch looks fabulous...

My writing area...

Glen was a frustrated saint for putting up my new light over my writing table...

I still need artwork for the walls, but as I have stated before, I have a fear of commitment to putting things on the walls. The hunt begins for just the right things :)

I did find this adorable little Brownie Junior today at the Antique store, perfect for the top shelf of my bookcase.






10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful transformation! I love it...you did an amazing job and it looks like such a calm, quiet spot for writing...or just pondering. Thank you for sharing your photos, Sarah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, you were busy last weekend!...what a rewarding job...you must feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. I'm sure you'll be filling up those walls soon (how about with some of your photos??). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yahoo! congratulations for crossing the finish line! lovely outcome, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Sarah I love the sofa perfect for curling up with your journal or a good book plenty of room for snuggles...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very impressed with how handy you and your husband are! I'm happy if my husband and I can hang a picture together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome!!! I wish I could stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great Sarah. I'll bet you are really enjoying your new space. My jewelry studio window looks out in the back yard and I love to watch the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful job you did on your porch and such a great writing space. I love the feeling of finishing a project that has been sitting on my shoulder for awhile...Good for you and your husband for getting the job done.. and think of all the writing inspiration you'll get looking out those windows...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete