Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mantra for the Journey - Week 3

"I made up my mind not to care so much about the destination, and simply enjoy the Journey"
                                                                                                                       ~David Archuleta


What is a mantra? Here is what the dictionary says:
Noun:
1. A word or sound repeated to aid in concentration in meditation.
2. A statement that is frequently repeated; a characteristic formula or refrain. 

I have always been one that believes in the Journey more than the destination. It is important to get to where you are going, but it is even more important to enjoy what you see and experience along the way. When you are in such a hurry to get where you are going you never know what life lessons you will miss.

A mantra that my daughter has heard from me many times in her life is: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". That is one I repeat to myself too when things seem tough. We should both be pretty strong by now.

What is your favorite mantra?

SELF-PORTRAIT OF THE WEEK


WEIGHT
This week I lost: 2.5 lbs. 
Total weight loss so far: 3.5 lbs.

EXERCISE
The quest for toned arms is on...


I found this video on youtube of a great 20 minute toned arm workout:


I can do two of the three reps on this video after starting this week. Next... moving up in hand weights.

FOOD
After trying many varieties of greek yogurt here are my personal favorites...


Love the flavor of this one, it has a little thinner consistency.

This is probably my favorite, a little thicker consistency and great flavor.


Have a great week and ENJOY THE JOURNEY!












7 comments:

  1. OMG, you're doing it!! What a great post and I love the dof and composition in the first photo. I hope your journey rubs off on me and I start DOING something about this body!!! ;->

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! I wish I was doing as well! Great quote about the journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing so incredibly well, Sarah! You're rocking this. I'm eating pretty healthy too but I have to up the exercise....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photos. (I'm determined to make a necklace like that.) I am so doing that arm thing...and getting some brown cow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... love very much your photos, in particular, the first one. You´re doing well, congrats!. I love mantras, and I have using them to keep attention and tranquility along the latest years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the necklace! I also like how in the picture you captured your wedding band with the necklace - another type of journey with joy!

    ReplyDelete