Sunday, January 13, 2013

Set Backs on the Journey - Week 2

 It was week two of the Biggest Loser this week, and it was week two of my health and wellness journey.


If you have ever watched the show you will know that this is set back week. The week where you don't lose weight or where you injure yourself. Like I said this was week two for me as well, and yep it was set back week for me too. 

I knew this would be a busy week. I obviously wanted to spend as much as time as possible with Mallory before she headed back to school. This included some shopping and lunches out, something I don't do much otherwise. I tried to make healthy choices, but who knew that zucchini cake minis at Ruby Tuesday's were 824 calories each (I had two) and had 2,240 mg of sodium. Next time I am sticking to just the Garden Bar.

Mallory, the dogs and I did get out for some hikes at Riley Trails and I still managed to walk at least 60 minutes a day. I some how managed to pull a muscle in my leg at my new yoga class, so that is kind of annoying. But I am pushing ahead and working through the pain. 

It is a new week with new chances to make better eating choices and with a little ice and rest the leg will heal.

SELF-PORTRAITS OF THE WEEK

This week's theme was AT ARM'S LENGTH



Listed below are summaries for the week of areas involved in my journey this year.

WEIGHT
This week I gained:  2 lbs.
Total weight loss so far: 1 lb.



EXERCISE
Yoga class resumed this week. I take a Beginner's Yoga class on Tuesday nights, I could easily do harder than beginner, but I love the time of this class and I have some wonderful friends in this class. I added a new yoga class on Thursday nights called Core and Calm. Class description - Core yoga to stabilize and strengthen your power center: abs, glutes, lower back and diaphragm. Great class and it is obviously working muscles I haven't used in a while :)

Minutes walked/hiked this week = 579 minutes


Food
My favorite new recipe this week was Baked Portobello Parmesan. One Portobello Mushroom cap was very filling. Get the recipe here at a new food blog that I discovered One Perfect Bite.

Have a great week. I look forward to sharing my Journey :)


3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're doing very well on your health journey...we all have days when we deserve a little splurge. I actually think an occasional splurge helps keep us on track...I admire your determination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, sounds like you are moving in the right direction. Yoga is so awesome.I've been having a tough time getting back into the healthy routine after the holidays. Kids home sick, husband traveling and extra jewelry work. But, tomorrow is a new day! Going to start off the day with a walk. Hopefully! Just saw a weather alert, possible freezing rain! OK, so there is always the afternoon to walk, right? Keep on going on your healthy path :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you win some, you lose some, huh? Losing weight - it's a tough assignment for sure!

    ReplyDelete