Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Focus

A New Year, a New Start and a New Focus.

In November as I pondered the fate of this blog one thing became crystal clear to me. I wasn't going to be able to "finish" my weight loss goal that I had set for myself in 2012. Not wanting to give up on that goal, I decided to make getting healthy my entire focus for Becoming A Finisher in 2013. Getting healthy for me goes beyond just the weight loss aspect. It is also about getting stronger physically, as much as I can for a 44 year old woman with back problems.

Once I made my decision about my focus for this blog, things started falling into place. A year long e-course that I had been ignoring for the last month, popped up yet again. So knowing where my future was headed I signed up for it...


MOVE MORE EAT WELL - I love Cathy's line in her first day opening paragraph "You might drop some weight, but you will gain better health and fitness and even some confidence, and in the end, that's the most important thing of all". She is speaking directly to me, I lack confidence in my body, so this is the year to restore confidence.

The next class that showed up confirmed I was going in the right direction...


52 of YOU - I took the first Now You course that Kristin Zecchnelli and Meredith Winn taught last Spring, but six weeks was too short of a time to really come to terms with being comfortable in front of the camera and taking your own self-portraits. So when the opportunity for a year long course came along, I quickly jumped on board. Even though I hate seeing myself in pictures, I find the challenge of taking pictures of myself strangely exhilarating.

Finally the last piece of the project fell into place...


One Little Word - I was chomping at the bit to sign up for this year long class. I had my word picked pretty much as soon as I made the decision on what to do with this blog. JOURNEY - hence the new tag line. The word JOURNEY carries over nicely to my other blog Paisley Rain Boots as well. This year will be a JOURNEY, a very exciting one that I can't wait to start.



Each of these classes encourages you to create a scrapbook, whether it is digital or physical. I am combining all three classes into one scrapbook, and I am going to do a physical one. I haven't done one in a while and I am kind of excited to get my supplies out and play with them. I know I won't play by the rules for each class, but I will make it my own and something I will be proud of.

My plan is to post once or twice a week with my progress, new things I have learned and some "selfies". This will help me to stay accountable.

I look forward to sharing my journey :)


6 comments:

  1. I knew you would continue this blog!! Good job! Never give up! And you are totally correct on more than just loosing weight! We must get together soon. I went through a year-long, in person course called Living Adventurously from September 2011 until September 2012 - I looked back on my accomplishments, notes and exercises that we did during that time and WOW - all still relevant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...i love your new direction of your blog. I am glad to see that we will meet up in Ali Edwards OLW and Now You...i am looking forward to this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you love the new look.....I have signed up with Ali again as well my word is 'begin' and I love that lovely photo of you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the word you chose for 2013! Excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look! I'm excited about EWMM and even though I said I would only go digital, I am thinking about making it a real life scrapbook! "See" you in class!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new journey sounds very exciting and fun...I wish you much success and will look forward to all the lovely photos you post! :)

    ReplyDelete