Monday, December 31, 2012

Reflections on Finishing

Here it is, the very end of 2012, and to be honest I am very surprised that I am still here on this blog. I have always been an excellent "great idea" person. I buy all the supplies I will need for this new and spectacular "great idea", and sometimes I will even start this new "great idea". But then the next visually stimulating project will come along and the first "great idea" is set aside, rarely to be returned to.

January 1, 2012 I set a few goals to complete in 2012. It was time to step up to the plate and finally become a "Finisher". My five goals for 2012 were:

1. Master Lightroom for photo editing. Master might be too strong of a word, there is still so much to learn. I do have a good understanding of the program at least. Although with my new computer I feel like I am starting back at the beginning.


2. Complete all 52 Weeks of the P52 project. This was accomplished last night. Not a week was missed, even though at times I wanted to miss a few.


3. Work on this blog for the whole year. Well, 108 blog posts later and here it is December 31, 2012. I did it.


4. Redo the Sun Porch so that it is finally a usable, functional space. Labor Day weekend the paint went on the walls and then later that week the couch was delivered. A lovely new writing and reading space.

And then we come to the last goal...

5. Finish the weight lose I started in 2011. This goal was NOT finished. Instead of losing, I gained. Not a lot only 7 pounds, but still not the direction I intended to go.

I debated long and hard about whether to keep this blog going in 2013, since I do have Paisley Rain Boots as well. Did I really need two blogs? But with goal No. 5 unfinished, the answer became clear to me what the focus of Becoming A Finisher should be for 2013.

Tune in tomorrow for the answer...



7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Sarah! You are such a tease!!! I'll have to tune in tomorrow I see... Congrats on all your finishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year looking forward to seeing your post my word for 2013 is BEGIN ~ mostly to begin to loose weight and be well....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New year to you! Looking forward to your next post. My healthy start is supposed to start today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I didn't even realize you had 2 blogs! I love your Christmas PCard. It's a treasure in knowing the story of the walk behind it. Congratulations on finishing. Perhaps that should have been my word for this year. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Sarah. I say 4 out 5 goals reached is awesome. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waiting for the answer but I bet I know what it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You achieved a lot of goals - you should be very proud of yourself! Congrats to you. :)

    ReplyDelete