Thursday, April 26, 2012

Green - P52 Week 17


Recycling has been a part of my life since my elementary school days. When recycling first started in our area, there was just the community bins. You had to sort everything into separate categories and push it through their little doors. It always sucked when a compartment was full and you had to leave your stuff on the ground. Kind of defeated the purpose!

This video from the 1970's had a big impact on me and my desire to recycle:


We have come a long ways from those days. Now we have curbside recycling, no excuse not to recycle. Being "GREEN" is the way to be, and saving the earth is on almost everybody's mind.



4 comments:

  1. I like the earth day focus and the twine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretation!

    A loooong time ago, I helped set up a paper recycling program in my high school. It was *so* difficult to get buy-in from the teachers to allow recycling containers in their rooms, even when they were promised that they wouldn't have to do anything with them, the green club would pick them up and return them empty.

    I can't imagine that nowadays there would be such push-back from something that simple, so that makes me happy. And I appreciate your post for reminding me of that accomplishment - our club was so proud of finally getting the administration to agree, and almost all the teachers to cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea for a green photo!

    ReplyDelete