Saturday, May 19, 2012

Reading Lists

I LOVE lists, but I especially love lists related to reading. It doesn't matter if they are lists I find about reading or if they are lists that I have made about reading. I love them all.

So here is a list of my reading lists:

Battered Pink Spiral Notebook List - I have been keeping this list for almost 20 years. It is consists of a numbered account of the books I have read and their author. I began keeping this list so I could keep track of the books that I have read, I hate buying a book and then realizing that I have already read it. The discouraging thing is, that after 20 years I have only read 821 books, but then when I average only 30-40 books a year I guess it takes a while for them to add up.




Indie Book Lists - These are my favorite book lists to pick up, a new one comes out every month. There is an on-line version, but I prefer the real paper one that I pick up from an Independent Book Seller.











Books to Check Out List - After I go through the Indie list and highlight the books that look good to me, I write the title of the book and the author in this journal. This list mainly stays in my car, so it is always handy when I am at the library or at a bookstore. After I finish a book I really like, I will go on Amazon and find related books that people have liked, those titles go in this journal as well.




Summer Reading List - This is a visual display of my planned summer reading list. I am going to try and be good this summer and stay away from the library so that I can make a small dent in my many unread books at home.










Computer List - I also have an Excel spreadsheet on the computer that lists Title, Author and number of pages read for each book. The spread sheet calculates my total number of pages read. Since I started this list in March of 2004, I have read 119,883 pages.

So as you can tell I am a little obsessed with my reading lists. If you know of any good reading lists that I haven't discovered yet, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried goodreads.com yet? It is an online version of reading lists: books to read, books you have read and books you are reading. You can follow people as well. I love it.
    Fun post.
    Karen G

    ReplyDelete