Friday, May 25, 2012

Work



While I do have a small freelance job at a local furniture store taking pictures of their inventory for their website and Facebook page. I don't really consider that work, my schedule when I go there is very flexible and I don't have to ask off for vacation, I just let them know I won't be in that week. I consider it more a creative outlet than "work". My main "work" is taking care of my family and our home. Some of my many professions are:

Gourmet Chef or Short Order Cook - This depends on the day and whether we are all home to eat together or if everybody is on different schedules for the day. I do love to cook though!


Laundress - Mounds of laundry to wash, line dry (when possible), iron, fold and put away.


Housekeeper - Dust, vacuum, mop, dishes, windows, etc. The only thing I refuse to do is bathrooms.

Guidance Counselor - Available 24 hours a day for whenever the college girl needs somebody to talk to, especially when it is about boys.

Chauffeur - Especially before our daughter got a car again, there were many appointments to go to as soon as she was home from college.

Dog Walker - Once or twice daily walks for Riley and Scout. Exercise is needed to curb naughty behavior.


Purchasing Agent - Groceries, clothes, furniture, dog food, and project supplies.

Appointment Scheduler - Haircuts, Doctors, Dentists, Veterinarian, dog groomer, and social outings.

Lawn Girl - In the last year the responsibility of mowing has fallen more and more on me since I am home.

I am sure the list could go on and on. One thing I know for sure, if we had to pay somebody to do all these things. I would need to work full time just to pay for it. I think I will enjoy my "work" just the way it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment