Wednesday, May 30, 2012

An Atypical Evening

There is nothing routine about our evening routine. It doesn't matter whether Mallory is home or at college we are rarely home together at night, especially in the summer. So I took advantage of the Memorial Day weekend when everybody was home to chronicle an atypical night.

It's Sunday and the whole next day, the holiday, is a bonus day off for everyone. Mallory decided to set up her backpacking tent in the backyard. Hubby saw this and asked if she planned on sleeping outside that night. (Now this had been a 90 degree day so it was not going to be pleasant sleeping temperatures)
Anyway, Mallory thought she would sleep out along with one of the dogs.



Next thing I know Hubby is setting up his backpacking tent as well. Meanwhile, I am thinking "GREAT the whole house to myself".

Well it's 11 p.m. and everybody heads off to bed, Mallory and Scout to her tent, and Hubby to his tent, me to my comfy bed. When I look outside I see headlamps switch on to do some bedtime reading, and I pray that they stay out there all night long.




No comments:

Post a Comment