Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Blog Housekeeping

I have started a new on-line class called Behind the Scenes. This one is on blogging and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. It started yesterday and Mallory left for Montana yesterday. It is a 4 week class and Mallory will be gone for 5 weeks. Perfect!

This being said I've come to a decision regarding both of my blogs; this one Becoming a Finisher and my other one Paisley Rain Boots.

Becoming a Finisher will be mainly a project focused blog which is how I initially intended it to be. Along the way of doing this blog and various on-line activities I have found the writer within me.

Paisley Rain Boots will be for writing, deeper thoughts and photographic adventures.

P52 will stay on Becoming a Finisher since that was my first goal on Day 1 of this blog. 31 Things will be moving to Paisley Rain Boots.

I am re-posting my list of 44 Things that I want to do while I am 44 from my Paisley Rain Boots blog since some of the 44 things are projects. Then you will know what I am referring to if you don't read the Paisley Rain Boots blog.

44 Things

Since birthdays, just like New Year's are a kind of new start for the year, I came up with a list of 44 Things I would love to do in this year that I am 44. In no particular order.

1.  Watch a sunrise
2.  Watch a sunset
3.  Make a writing area for myself on our four season porch
4.  Enjoy a candlelight dinner with my husband
5.  Take more on-line photography classes
6.  Photograph old buildings
7.  Have more "date" outings
8.  Go away by myself for a couple of days to write and take pictures
9.  Visit a new winery
10. Start and finish our Alaska trip scrapbook
11. Walk in the rain
12. Visit all the Ottawa County Parks
13. Use my new trekking poles a lot
14. Start using on-line banking
15. Set up more lunch dates with friends
16. Sign up with Maribeth for some personal training sessions
17. Do more self-portrait photography
18. Visit Mallory in Marquette
19. Do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour this fall
20. Drive the golf cart for my husband while he golfs
21. Walk hand in hand on the beach with my husband
22. Go on a picnic with my husband
23. Keep eating healthy
24. Read Wicked
25. Refinish a piece of furniture with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
26. Get an iPhone
27. Cook more recipes with shrimp
28. Tell my daughter everyday that "She is beautiful"!
29. Do another volunteer outing with nursing home residents
30. Collect and count all my pencils
31. Take a sewing class
32. Find a comfy couch for the porch
33. Turn the porch into our reading and writing retreat
34. Make more hand made cards
35. Lose 5 lbs.
36. Eat outside more
37. Take a train ride
38. Start having Matcha Smoothies everyday
39. Drive my dad's tractor
40. Simplify my wardrobe
41. Take a cooking class
42. Make my dad cookies
43. Plant an herb garden
44. Listen more to God, instead of talking


I hoping this will keep things clearer for you the reader and for me the blogger.

10 comments:

  1. It's a good list and very doable! Nice to meet you.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you 44 list. Mine would need to be 60...unless I pretend I'm a whole lot younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to enjoying BTS with you and the group, and seeing you achieve that long list of achievements for 2012. Yx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list!
    Nice to connect. I am originally from Holland and now tip toe through the tulips in the U.P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to meet you, Sarah - your list of 44 things is filled with good stuff! I look forward to our BTS class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, great title for your blog. See you more in BTS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the list! What a great idea .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!!! Finishing - hmm, I could use that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah, I love your list of 44 things...inspirational. Hope to be more present in BTS (Reflection of YOu Class).

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great list, it IS inspirational. I am always adding to my "bucket List" too, so it'll be nice seeing you work on yours. So nice to be in class with you. Judy Valenzuela

    ReplyDelete