Saturday, June 9, 2012

Chores

It seems that lawn mowing has been a chore of mine as long as I have been tall enough and strong enough to push a mower.

It was my weekly responsibility when I was a kid. We had a fairly large lawn and only a push mower to do it with, at least I got an allowance for doing it.

When I got old enough to drive a lawn tractor I had the added responsibility of doing my grandparent's yard of weeds. Grandpa paid good though, $10 per time, and this was back in the early 1980's.

Through the years of our married life, Glen and I have shared the chore. Some years he did it more and some years I did it more.

When we moved to our current house and finally got a riding mower, Mallory took over the chore for a while, until the novelty of driving a mower wore off.

Now it is back to Glen and I sharing again, and it is close to 50/50. We keep our lawn longer, so we generally need to mow twice a week, me once and Glen once.

I am at a point in my life where I don't mind doing it. It is a great time to think, with nothing to distract me. It is just me and the mower and the grass.


No comments:

Post a Comment