Thursday, June 14, 2012

Water - P52 Week 23

Water... I have always struggled to try and "like" drinking it. I do pretty good when I am out at a restaurant because I have other things to keep me distracted so I keep sipping it and don't even realize that I am drinking it. Home is another story. No big distractions, just me and my water.


I gave up Diet Coke earlier this year and I had to find a replacement for my zero calorie drink. Water seemed like the logical choice, but really I need some flavor. I have been working on it, hot days and a slice of lemon help a lot, and some days I can drink 3 or 4 glasses. I am particular about how to drink it too. It must be in a GLASS glass, and it must have ice cubes so it can be as cold as possible. In a restaurant I can drink out of a plastic glass as long as there is a straw, and it still must be as cold as possible.

Every time I finish a glass I hear my yoga instructor, Maribeth's voice in my head saying "Very good you just gave yourself an internal shower". I will keep working at "liking" water and maybe by the end of the summer I will be up to the 8 glasses I am suppose to drink a day.

2 comments:

  1. I like putting lemon in my water and there is a great trick my aunt taught me. Buying lemons are not in my "food budget" so I only buy them on sale. I cut them all up and sprinkle with water. I then lay them in a ziploc bag so they don't stick together and lay them flat in the freezer. Then I can take one out anytime I want and it adds coldness to the drink as well! I wish I could give up cola...maybe next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Sarah. I will have to give that a try :)

    ReplyDelete