Monday, June 11, 2012

View

Two summers ago we built a new deck on the back of our house. One that was much more open and really allowed us to have a great view of the backyard. It is now large enough to hold a table and four chairs, for outside dining. We take advantage of this every day that it not beastly hot outside. The deck also holds two chaise lounge chairs for sunbathing, reading and/or writing.

As I sit in my lounge chair I have a view of our large bird feeder, which is always swarming with birds, if I remember to fill it. I see the momma duck and her three "babies" (they are getting pretty big now) as they waddle up from the pond to have their fill under the feeder. I see my trusty companion, Scout, patrolling the perimeter of the yard, just enough inside the electric fence to avoid getting zapped. Except when that momma duck and her "babies" are too alluring floating on the pond and he rushes through the fence before he gets zapped. After I go to retrieve him out of the pond, he doesn't get so lucky to not get zapped going back into the yard. Then because he usually stinks like dirty pond water, he earns a bath in the middle of the backyard.

I can also see all my beautiful flowers and also those unpleasant weeds that grew up overnight.

I really appreciate the beauty of nature as I sit here and enjoy the view.


No comments:

Post a Comment